Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Cook book -- review

I have one cook book at home, it's called Easy Gourmet by Stephanie Le.
This had be in my kitchen cooking all day, for a myself and to impress a woman I was having over later that week. I actually found the book when I moved in to my current home. It had been left behind by a past resident who I believe was an elderly lady, or my friend after her. Anyway, I looked up some recipes and ran off to the store for the essentials.
You might be just getting into your cooking endeavors or you might be a seasoned chef. Nevertheless, this book will inspire you.
 Some recipes I try to perfect out of this book is

  • Spaghetti and Meatballs on page 40 
  • Scallop Fried Rice, page 62
  • Seafood Pappardelle, pg 58
  • Pea and Bacon Riscotto, pg 38
  • Sweet and Spicy Chicken, pg 87 
  • Pulled Pork, pg 88
  • Chicken Pot Pie Bun, pg 168
  • Double Almond Cookies, pg 218
This cookbook is a little bit of everything, which I love. It's straightforward and the range is from breakfast and pasta to seafood and meats. She breaks down each meal step by step so that whoever is is making a meal from it, they can make the dish the same as everyone else. If you are the type of eater who likes chicken and waffles, this is a good place for you. I'd also enjoy if anyone gets all kind of food in this cookbook that isn't dainty food. I'm talking about American classics with an unexpected twist, comfort foods with an upgrade. She has solid Asian foods, and some odd desserts like London Fog Tea Cake or Figs and Cheese-Cheesecake. 
To provide more of an idea of the types of meals Steph has in her book, she love buttermilk fried chicken and waffles. As well as lemony bone marrow pasta, maple-rolls, glazed duck with Sriracha carrots, shrimp salad rolls, miso-glazed eggplant. Her Vietnamese pork sliders are something i'd like to try next and her deep-fried calamari and bacon. I just need to obtain some Calamari. 
She has invented some serious recipes in this book. More than you'd ever consider being a meal. 
I really liked the Spicy and Sweet Chicken, I'm a big fan of chicken. 
The recipes in Easy Gourmet are simply easy and incredibly good tasting (when done the right way). 
Most of the meals don't require too many ingredients or skill. Also I really like how Stephanie reminds us that recipes do not have to be complicated in order to be amazing. All her meals are solid. 

One final take, Stephanie's love for food comes through in every page. She takes her own pictures of her meals and they are straightforward with not alterations. These are simply honest and delicious home cooked meals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Is Sous Vide Cooking? - By Katy Medium-- Ezine

Perfect sous vide steak  |  Source What is Sous Vide Cooking? Ever wondered how chefs of high-end restaurants can get stea...